- "It's a very smooth ride. Feels as though we're hardly moving."
— Lord Stilton
A bank worker is locked inside the main vault of the Bank of England while the air is slowly being extracted. When Parker hears that there is an emergency at the bank, he does all in his power to prevent the manager from arriving with the key as he believes the bank is being robbed by an old criminal colleague of his, Light-Fingered Fred.
- Main article: Vault Of Death/Storyline
- Main article: Vault Of Death/Transcript
International Rescue Equipment Used
Non-International Rescue Equipment Used
- In the 30 minute 'cliffhanger' edition, part 1 ends when only half of the air is left in the vault.
- Voice artist David Graham really surpasses himself in this episode, supplying the voices of not less than ten different characters (Brains, Gordon, Parker, Kyrano, Lambert, Light-Fingered Fred, Taylor, Moore, Barrett, and a policeman)
- The Heavy Duty Drills are WASP ray guns from Stingray.
- The Heliport landing pad (which Thunderbird 2 lands) is actually the Marineville Control Tower also from Stingray.
- Main article: Vault of Death/Goofs
- French: Le talent de Parker
- German: Ein Todsicherer Safe
- Spanish: La bóveda de la muerte; La cripta de la muerte (DVD)
- Italian: La camera blindata della morte
- Dutch: Kluis des doods (TV 1968); De doodskluis (TV 1991); Doodskluis (VHS, DVD)
- Portuguese: O Cofre da Morte
- Japanese: 死の大金庫