Lady Penelope and Parker are testing their new luxury yacht - FAB 2 - when they receive a distress call from an incoming tanker. A tsunami has formed and is heading right for the stalled tanker's location. Can Penelope save the day?
- Virgil Tracy, Gordon Tracy - David Menkin
- John Tracy - Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward - Rosamund Pike
- Parker - David Graham
- Grandma Tracy - Sandra Dickinson
Virgil: "Hope you weren't planning on taking it easy on your first trip back out."
Gordon: "I don't do easy."
Lady Penelope: "I don't think I've ever seen a kitchen tool used in a rescue operation before."
Stew: "Flipping the tanker, you think that'll actually work?"
Lady Penelope: "You've obviously never met International Rescue before."
International Rescue Equipment Used
- There are several references to Gordon's injuries and the destruction of Thunderbird 4, which all allude to the events of SOS Part 2.
- As such, this is the first episode to show Gordon fully recovered. He was previously seen partially recovered in the two-part episode Signals Part 1 and Signals Part 2.
- Additionally, this episode confirms that the events of SOS Part 2 saw the destruction of Thunderbird 4 and that an entirely new Thunderbird 4 was built sometime between SOS Part 2 and Signals Part 1.
- Quite unusually, Thunderbird 2 doesn't deploy Module 4 onto the ocean; instead, it releases Thunderbird 4 directly from inside the module via the underside hatch.
- This is the second time that Thunderbird 2 goes underwater; this time though, minus the module.
- This time, however, Thunderbird 2 took a dive into the water, rather than the controlled sinking action seen in Signals Part 2. Possibly as a result of this, Thunderbird 2 ran into difficulty much sooner than it did in that very episode.
- When Thunderbird 2 encounters difficulty operating, Virgil executes the Jeff Tracy Fix, which was previously seen in Up from the Depths Part 1.
- The three-man crew onboard a tanker are a reference to Danger at Ocean Deep, whilst FAB 2's appearance is a reference to The Man From MI.5 and Introducing Thunderbirds.
- This episode takes elements from the 1972 film The Poseidon Adventure, in which a tsunami overturns a cruise ship.