The Martian Exploration Center is a space exploration center featured in the movie Thunderbirds Are Go. It is located at a place called Cape Johnson.
The building itself never appears during the film; we only get to see an inquiry room inside.
The inquiry room was a room used for inquiries and votes, such as the discussion about the Zero X crash and whether people were for or against an idea.
The room was tangerine and black in colour and had at least 14 seats at the long table.
Other Appearances (Isn't That...?)
- Space Colonel Harris
- Garfield from 30 Minutes After Noon. Also played a reporter at the Press Conference (Zero-X) in this film.
- Morrison from Security Hazard. Also played a reporter at the Press Conference (Zero-X) in this film.
- Skythrust Co-Pilot from Alias Mr. Hackenbacker. Also played a guest at The Swinging Star in this film.
- Cass Carnaby from The Cham-Cham
- Captain Foster (NWA) from Thunderbird 6
- Angry Young Man
- Brad Newman
- Paul Travers
- International Space Control Commander from Ricochet
- Jansen from Path of Destruction
- Greg Martin
- Commander Norman from Trapped in the Sky
- It was Sylvia Anderson's idea to have the inquiry room set only tangerine and black in colour. She could tell that art director Bob Bell wasn't keen on this, but as a producer, Sylvia was in charge, so Bob did as she asked.
- The Supermarionation team had to get a crane inside the studio so they could film the whole inquiry room set.
- Part of the floor was used again in the episode Alias Mr. Hackenbacker.
- The set reportedly weighed two tonnes.
- For unknown reasons, 2 of the board members were played by different puppets in the overhead shots. No. 8 Brad Newman was played by the Bill Craddock puppet, and no. 11 was played by the Lieutenant Burroughs puppet. (These 2 puppets are also seen at The Swinging Star later in the film.)