- "Look fellas, if that kid is roaming around the base on his own, dad's gonna go berserk!"
— Scott Tracy
- 1 Plot
- 2 Storyline
- 3 Transcript
- 4 Cast
- 5 International Rescue Equipment Used
- 6 Locations
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Goofs
- 9 Alternate Version
- 10 Foreign Titles
While Thunderbird 2 is left unattended during a rescue, a young boy named Chip climbs into the pod - and is taken back to Tracy Island! As Jeff tries to decide what to do with their stowaway, the boys entertain him with stories of their past rescues, thereby exacerbating the breach of security that's already taken place...
- Main article: Security Hazard/Storyline
- Main article: Security Hazard/Transcript
Regular Characters (flashback)
Guest Characters (flashback)
International Rescue Equipment Used
International Rescue Equipment (flashback)
Non-International Rescue Equipment (flashback)
- This episode is essentially a "clip show," with roughly seventeen minutes of new material spliced in between the archival-footage scenes. (Nearly every Anderson-produced series, before and after Thunderbirds, included at least one clip show in its run). However, according to Thunderbirds – A Complete Guide to the Classic Series, the reason why this episode is a clip show was due to the production of Attack of the Alligators! and The Cham-Cham going over-time and over-budget.
- Clips from the following episodes were used:
- This is the final episode to feature David Holliday as the voice of Virgil Tracy.
- John does not appear, but Scott does name-check him ("My brother John...") while he and Chip are together in Thunderbird 1.
- Parker and Kyrano also do not appear; Tin-Tin and Lady Penelope appear only in the flashback sequences.
- Smoke can be seen flowing backwards as Thunderbird 2 reverses into its hangar.
- Once back inside the hangar, TB2 unloads Pod 1 - but the fonts on the puppet-sized (close-up) and model-scale (long shot) pod doors don't match.
- The world-globe in Chip's bedroom is upside-down.
- Not "goofs" per se, but: Alan 's recollection of the events in Sun Probe is rather selective...
- ...as is Virgil's, of End Of The Road...
- ...as well as Scott's, of Trapped in the Sky! (And yes, Gordon's too, of Day of Disaster...)
- Most likely, though, the flashbacks were shortened so as to better synchronize with the new footage and keep within the prescribed length of the episode.
- While Jeff complains about leaving TB2 unattended, enabling Chip to stow away, youngsters have visited Tracy Island before, with his blessing (the Williams brothers, in Cry Wolf).
For a contemporary (or at least in the 1990's) audience, Thunderbirds underwent a repackage, redub, and rebroadcast as part of FOX Kids' Saturday morning line-up. Due to a severe decline in ratings, only half of the episodes made it to broadcast before the series was pulled by the network. As a result, the modified version of Security Hazard never aired, and remains among a handful of missing Thunderbirds episodes to this day.
- French: Le rêve
- German: Das Sicherheitsrisiko
- Spanish: Peligro de Seguridad; Riesgo de seguridad (DVD)
- Italian: Una visita inaspettata
- Dutch: Veiligheidsrisico
- Portuguese: Uma Falha na Segurança
- Japanese: 秘密作戦命令