"Guardian" is the twelfth episode of Thunderbirds 2086, and fifteenth produced overall. The episode first aired in Japan on August 14, 1982.
IRO discover more than they bargained for when a stellar craft built in 1995 returns to Earth. The craft is powered by Guardian, a sentient computer program locked on a direct course to Miami coast. With conventional rescue out of the question, the only person who can halt Guardian's path of destruction is the last surviving member of its crew; an elderly man dying in hospital...
(To Be Added)
IRO Equipment Used
- William Fortune begins his video journals with "Captain's Log. Stardate.", a reference to the long-running American sci-fi franchise, Star Trek.
- Footage of Commander Simpson running a computer search to match the Guardian craft with a variety of existing designs is clearly looped. This resulted in him refer to the correct outline as both Clark and Guardian series crafts.
Anderson Stock Library
- The 'Thunderbird 5' theme is played at several points in the episode, most notably during Fortune's log.
- So too is music from the pilot episode of Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, when the MEV finds the Mysteron complex.
- Japanese: 宇宙船の戻り値 (The Spaceship Returns)