The Atomic Irrigation Station Tour Bus appeared in The Mighty Atom. It was being used for taking members of the press on a tour of the new Atomic Irrigation Station.
On board were a driver, a tour guide, and several reporters, including two for the Melbourne Herald Newspaper.
Characters On Board the Tour Bus
Other Appearances (Isn't That...?)
- 1. The Bus driver: was also seen in 30 Minutes After Noon as Garfield (etc.).
- 2. Man in khaki uniform with wavy brown hair: is Commander Norman.
- 3. Australian Plant Tour Guide
- 4. Man in khaki uniform with straight brown hair: Radar Operator (Operation Crash-Dive)
- 5. Melbourne Herald Reporter
- 6. Eddie Kerr, also seen in City Of Fire and The Impostors.
- 7. Man with red bow tie is the Doctor from Trapped in the Sky.
- 8. Man with moustache is Lord Silton from Vault Of Death
- The Tour Bus was supposed to be a "Hover Bus", but unfortunately, in some shots its wheels are clearly visible.
- The Tour Bus is one of only a handful of surviving miniature models from the classic series, one other one being the Ocean Pioneer from Danger At Ocean Deep.
- A second, even smaller model was also seen in The Mighty Atom.
- The smaller Tour Bus model appeared briefly in Thunderbirds Are Go (film), parked in the background at Glenn Field Spaceport.